New Volunteer Registration
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in joining our team of dedicated volunteer lawyers. To volunteer:
1. Fill out and submit the registration form below; then,
2. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about volunteer trainings.
By signing and submitting this form, you certify the following:
• All information I have provided in this form is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
• I have reviewed the District of Columbia Rules of Professional Conduct and agree to abide by those Rules. If I have a question about what the Rules require me to do in a given situation, I will consult with a DCVLP attorney.
• Should I accept representation of a client, I agree to represent that client zealously until the representation is completed or I have withdrawn from the case.
• I will maintain the confidentiality of all client information obtained in the course of my volunteer work with DCVLP, including information obtained from the client, DCVLP, and/or any third party. I understand that my obligation to maintain client confidentiality continues even after the case ends and extends to all current and former DCVLP clients.
• I will comply with DCVLP’s administrative procedures, as put forth in the administrative documents accompanying all case assignments. Prior to accepting any case assignment, I will complete the appropriate required DCVLP training, whether online or through a live event.
Resume submission is optional for those employed by a law firm.
If a “choose file” button does not appear above, please email your resume to Emilia Plater-Zyberk (email@example.com).