We support all of our volunteer lawyers by providing the following tools and resources:
- Mentorship by an experienced DCVLP supervising attorney
- Partnership with fellow volunteers on cases
- Networking and social events with fellow volunteers and DCVLP staff
Legal and Educational Resources
- Comprehensive trainings, available both live and online
- An online library of sample motions, forms, and other useful documents
- Optional “Lunch & Learn” events featuring experienced speakers on relevant legal topics, such as trial skills
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Reimbursement for litigation expenses
- Access to legal research websites
- Office to meet with clients and receive mail
- Use of photocopier/scanner/fax machine, courier service, process servers
- License to practice in DC Superior Court without DC Bar membership (under Admin. Order 14-12)
For more information about the resources we offer, please email Emilia Plater-Zyberk at email@example.com.
To log-in to the DCVLP Pleadings Library, please click here. To request Pleadings Library access, please email Emilia Plater-Zyberk at firstname.lastname@example.org.