This training will prepare attorneys to serve as court-appointed Guardians ad litem for children in high-conflict custody cases involving serious risk factors, such as parental drug abuse or domestic violence in the home.
Topics will include:
- Role of a guardian ad litem
- Custody law and practice
- Domestic violence and child abuse/neglect
- Best practices for investigation, including interviewing children and parents
- Ethical issues in representing child clients
- Identifying social services