Spring Legal Internship
The DC Volunteers Lawyers Project (DCVLP) is searching for current college students or recent graduates to join our dedicated staff of lawyers and administrators for a part-time internship in Washington, DC. If you are interested in working at an established legal non-profit, this could be the internship for you! In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work directly with lawyers and contribute to helping low-income DC residents with their legal needs.
DC Volunteer Lawyers Project creates, supports, and utilizes a network of volunteer lawyers to provide high-quality, pro bono legal services to low-income individuals in the District of Columbia who are domestic violence victims, at-risk children, or have other urgent family law needs. Please see our website (www.dcvlp.org) for more information on our organization and the services we provide.
- Attending court hearings at the D.C. Superior Court and providing legal and administrative support to the supervising and volunteer attorneys.
- Assisting in the case administration of Guardian ad Litem and Domestic Violence matters, including court document management.
- Support the operation of our weekly walk-in domestic violence resource clinic
- Any additional projects as assigned
- Minimum commitment of 12 hours per week
- Availability to travel to and from DCVLP’s office and the DC Superior Court
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational, computer, and writing skills
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with sensitive issues
This internship will be un-paid; however, DCVLP may be able to assist you in obtaining academic credit if provided with the required documents.
Spanish-speakers and those with an interest in law school are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume by Friday, November 9 to Lauren Leavell at email@example.com. Please note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.