- Attend court hearings virtually and in person at DC Superior Court and provide legal and administrative support to the supervising and volunteer attorneys.
- Assist in the case administration of Child Advocacy (Guardian ad Litem)and Domestic Violence matters, including court document management.
- Support the operation of our weekly remote and in-person Domestic Violence & Immigration Clinics
- Any additional projects as assigned.
- Minimum commitment of 12 hours per week.
- Availability to travel to and from DCVLP’s office, our legal clinics, and DC Superior Court (a DCVLP-funded SmarTrip card is provided, if needed, for travel on Metrorail and Metrobus).
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational, computer, and writing skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with sensitive issues.
TO APPLY: Email your cover letter and resume to Gargie Nagarkar at GNagarkar@dcvlp.org. Internships are available for the fall semester (September – December), spring semester (January – May), and the summer (June – August). Interns are provided with a $500 stipend. DCVLP may be able to assist you in obtaining academic credit if provided with the required documents.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2023.
Spanish-speakers and those with an interest in law school are strongly encouraged to apply.