- Attending court hearings at the DC Superior Court, and providing legal and administrative support to the supervising and volunteer attorneys.
- Assisting in the case administration of Child Advocacy (Guardian ad Litem) and Domestic Violence matters, including court document management
- Supporting the operation of our weekly walk-in Domestic Violence Resource Clinic
- Any additional projects as assigned
- Minimum commitment of 12 hours per week
- Availability to travel to and from DCVLP’s office and the DC Superior Court
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational, computer, and writing skills
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with sensitive issues
TO APPLY: Email your cover letter and resume to Gargie Nagarkar at GNagarkar@dcvlp.org. Internships are available for the fall semester (September – December), spring semester (January – May), and the summer (June – August). Internships are unpaid; however, DCVLP may be able to assist you in obtaining academic credit if provided with the required documents. PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED FOR SUMMER AND FALL 2022.
Spanish-speakers and those with an interest in law school are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summer and Fall 2022 positions are already filled. We are not currently seeking any applicants. If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity for the spring 2023 semester, please email your cover letter and resume in late summer or early fall 2022 to Gargie Nagarkar at GNagarkar@dcvlp.org.