Policy and Advocacy
DCVLP uses its one-on-one experience with victims and at-risk children to advocate for better policies, legislation, and increased funding. We are active members of a number of local groups including:
DC Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Click to read the Intrafamily Offenses and Anti-Stalking Orders Amendment Act of 2018, a bill we worked on with the DC Coalition Against Domestic Violence. We will testify in support of the bill on June 21, 2018.
Click on the links below to see, listen, and read to our City Council testimony.
- DCVLP Testimony for B24-0726 (Enhancing Reproductive Health Protections Amendment Act of 2022) and B24-0808 (Human Rights Sanctuary Amendment Act of 2022)
- DCVLP Testimony for OVS Oversight Hearing 020718
- DCVLP Testimony for City Fund 11117
- DCVLP Testimony for 2018 Budget Oversight Hearing 41217
- DCVLP Testimony re: CFSA 2016