Fighting for Domestic Violence Victims & At-Risk Children
In 2016, our dedicated volunteer and staff attorneys handled nearly 400 civil protection order and family law cases on behalf of victims, and served as court-appointed advocates for 104 vulnerable children living with abuse, neglect and other difficult circumstances.
And, we had 350 visits to our weekly Domestic Violence Resource Clinic where victims accessed legal, housing and counseling services in one, convenient location. Our clients are also supported by our Case Manager to ensure the best long-term outcomes for each victim and child.
For full details, please click here.
- Lunch & Learn: Using Digital Evidence – 9/6
- Volunteer Lawyer Information Session – 9/14
- Litigating Protection Order Cases for Domestic Violence Victims Training – 9/28
- Representing At-Risk Children Training – 10/5
- Litigating Family Law Cases for Domestic Violence Victims Training – 10/17
For access, please email Emilia Plater-Zyberk.
“Working with DCVLP is amazing. It’s meaningful work, it’s an excellent learning environment, I’ve built an incredible professional network of people I respect in the utmost. The attorneys employed by DCVLP are excellent mentors.”
– A DCVLP volunteer attorney
“Thank you for your support, knowledge and help. People come and go. That is life, but you will stay in my memory and heart forever.”
– A DCVLP client and survivor of domestic violence